List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] Force UDP source port when sending
From:       "Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd" <angus () magsys ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-07-02 16:58:00

> What  could  be  the  difference  between NT4 SP6 and XP/Vista
> Winsock layer that would produce this "bind error address already
> in use" ???

Sorry, no idea, I do still have an NT4 server, but it's not been powered
for a few years.  I never really did much on NT4, went straight from
Win9x to W2K.  I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere about ICS not
working on NT4, it's probably using a very old winsock version.

Windows 2000 server is reliable, and I can see us supporting that for
another 10 years...although I did finally update my own main server to
W2K3 earlier this year.

Angus