List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] TSmtpCli and password
From:       "Francois PIETTE" <francois.piette () overbyte ! be>
Date:       2005-02-28 18:55:13

> > 1) Is the string you get what you expect to have ?
> 1-because TSmtpClient.password need a string.

> > 2) What do you mean by "not work" ? Be more precise: what is the error
> > message or exception ? Describe what 'not work' means.
> 2-Password as string is not accepted by server.

I really don't understand your point !
Password are always strings. Is your problem a conversion problem between
string and shortstring ?
You must send the password exactly as expected by the server. If the server
tell you to use "MyPassword" then you must send that exactly.

> Is not necessary...Ok I want to send password as read only also
> for privacy reason

I don't understand what you mean "send as read only".

Looking at your code, it seems that you want to store scrambled password in
the registry. That's perfect provided you unscramble the password before
feeding it to the SMTP component. The component will scramble it according
to SmtpAuthType selected and of course according to server capabilities.

See this extracted from the component source code:
    TSmtpAuthType    = (smtpAuthNone,        smtpAuthPlain,
smtpAuthLogin,
                        smtpAuthCramMD5,     smtpAuthCramSha1,
                        smtpAuthAutoSelect);

Again, please explain clearly what you want to do (really) and maybe we can
give you some useful advice.

--
francois.piette@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be