List:       twsocket
Subject:    [twsocket] httperrOverflow
From:       "Joe Pearson" <joe.pearson () worldonline ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-02-26 20:58:08

Hi
I've just started using ICS - specifically HttpCli. I've got a couple of
questions - I'll post them separately.

Sometimes I get an exception at the lines
    I := sizeof(FReceiveBuffer) - FReceiveLen - 1;
    if I <= 0 then
        raise EHttpException.Create('HTTP line too long', httperrOverflow);
in THttpCli.SocketDataAvailable.

What does this mean? Does 'line' mean text ending CR or LF? This isn't a
requirement of http is it? I assume it just means a buffer overflow; but
what should I do about it? I didn't see much about in the forum archives
(though there doesn't seem to be a way to search for keywords), although I
did learn this is not a "buffer overrun"!

I can reproduce it if I debug with breakpoints. Then I assume packets queue
up and there is no message processing to collect them. But it can also occur
if there's too much work in the OnDocData event.

Is responsive message processing an absolute requirement?

thanks
Joe