List:       twig-devel
Subject:    RE: [twig-devel] HCI suggestions for Twig
From:       "Greg Ross" <greg () darkphoton ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 23:18:25

	See inline comments:

							Greg

<snip>

> > 	As suggested in my other message, perhaps 'Refresh Mail'.
>
> 	Maybe "Refresh List" would be better?  "Refresh Mail" just seems
> to me like its trying to do what the command "purge/reclaim" did on the
> VMS mail program.

	It's just that it does more than just update the list, it updates the entire
screen and while the mail is presented in a list it just sounds to limiting to
me.

> > 	I have no problem with this in general, though I might suggest
> > 'Main View' since it might not really be an index per say that we are
> > going back to. Perhaps 'Current View'...
>
> 	"Main View" seems better to me than "Current View".  However, I
> don't think that "Main View" gives me a mental picture of an index of the
> contents of my mailbox or the current group's bookmarks.  I still think
> that "Index View" would be better, at least in those cases where an actual
> Index is used.

	If we're try to standardize it then we have to ensure that it works in all the
cases, in schedule as you pointed out index view doesn't work since that could
refere to any number of view's, some of which aren't indexes at all.

<snip>