List:       twig-devel
Subject:    RE: [twig-devel] TRANSPARENT Javascript in Twig?
From:       Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole () cairodurham ! org>
Date:       2000-09-07 21:10:47

Greg Ross <greg@darkphoton.com> said:
> 	One of the other reasons for not using javascript (or the like) is that it
> makes TWIG dependent on the client side, if the implementation of javascript
> has a bug in it and it fails for some reason then we can't control it.

	I still want to lean away from using it, but what if its the admin can
disable JavaScript in TWIG?  This could be done by requiring that all
JavaScript be wrapped inside if statements with an on/off variable.  Then if
there ever became an issue with it, we could just advise all TWIG users (via
twig-announce?) that they should turn it off due to a bug in IE 7.3.  :)

							Jaime

--
Network Administrator
Cairo-Durham Central School District