List:       twig-devel
Subject:    Re: [twig-devel] CVS branching confirmed
From:       "m. allan noah" <anoah () pfeiffer ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-30 19:44:00

my vote does not carry as much weight as gregs, but i remember that we added
cvs to make it easy for developers to colaborate. i think we should continue
in that spirit, rather than treating the current cvs tree like it is purely a
repository for the release candidate code.

there are two ways to handle this.
1. cvs branching. looks pretty good, since this is what it is designed to do.
2. dont distribute certain dirs in the tarball. requires more effort for the
distributor.

so- i vote for 1. i would like to see this code, and be able to make changes
to it, rather than revert to our old method of passing tar balls around. that
is why i asked the meetings to go into cvs to start with. branching looks like
it could provide just what we need.

allan