List:       twig-devel
Subject:    Re: [twig-devel] Perhaps a stupid idea ...
From:       "m. allan noah" <anoah () pfeiffer ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-19 17:28:26

this would depend very much on speed of sql server. the twig developers have
traditionally opposed such things because there are problems with things like
interoperating with other mail clients using the imap box.

you need to be careful about how you link the sql copy of the header with the
imap server copy. you would have to use the UID of the message instead of the
index into the mailbox, but it should work.

allan

"Victor M.Varela" <netims1@interbook.net> said:

> Some days ago, I said:
>
> > I use imap rpm package with Redhat 6.1 and Postfix.
> > My problem is that openning big folders take a long time.
> > I think this is because these are not indexed.
> >
> > In my Intranet some people stores more than 100 Mbs in their folders.
> > I cannot tell them to delete their messages.
>
> As there is no good solution, I am trying to solve the problem in other way.
>
> Currently I would implement a new "imap_servertype" similar to "pop3-vf".
Idea