List:       twig-devel
Subject:    Re: [twig-devel] Strange problem (bug?)
From:       The Doctor What <docwhat () gerf ! org>
Date:       2000-04-24 0:38:18

* Abdul-Wahid Paterson (eesa@webstar.co.uk) [000419 08:26]:

> > well, do one of the two things that works, and tell the folks on the php
> > mailing lists about the possible bug in php4. maybe they have seen it before,
> > maybe they can fix it :)
>
> My trouble is that I can't do the other two things. They are in my
> development/testing environment. I don't have the flexilbity for the
> production environment.
>
> Anyway, I am going to dig deep into the TWIG code to see if I can pinpoint
> the exact cause of the error. I am not sure if it is a PHP4 problem
> though since it works with PHP4 when looking at the IMAP server running on
> Linux. It only stops working when looking at the IMAP server on Solaris.
> It is a wierd problem though because the PHP3 works on the IMAP server on
> Solaris. I will dig deep and let you guys know if I find the line that is
> causing the problem.

I have this problem (see my posts in twig-user) but I have one weird
quirk:  one user 'docwhat' can see the 'Main' screen in it's
entirety.  All other users (that I can tell) can't see past the<HR>
(unless you switch to debug, then it goes further).

I don't think this is a PHP, but I have no proof otherwise.  My
guess is that either IMAP or MySQL didn't respond with something
formatted the way TWIG expects it to.

Ciao!

--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC