List:       twig-devel
Subject:    [Twig-devel] [twig 0000081]: Contacts import
From:       bugtracker () informationgateway ! org
Date:       2005-06-28 15:03:30

The following issue has been set as RELATED TO issue 0000092.
<http://bugs.informationgateway.org/view.php?id=81>
Reported By:                weazil
Assigned To:
Project:                    twig
Issue ID:                   81
Category:                   Request for enhancement
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             07-07-2004 10:32 EDT
when you view a mail with say jpeg or gif attachments it puts a view
besides the attachments.

was curious if about an import option so when it reconized outlook or
vcard files it would just put a import to contacts or import to
addressbook.

we have alot of non techy people here and most dont have a clue what a vcf
is when someone emails it to them and i have to go thru and get them to
save it to a location then import it to what ever group.

maybe a import to and have a dropdown of all the groups would help greatly
Relationships       ID      Summary
related to          0000105 Attachments list
related to          0000092 View contents of attachements via linux...

 aaron - 07-07-04 17:14
I've been thinking about doing exactly this, and also being able to open up
'winmail.dat' files that Outlook sends. There's a command line processor
called ytnef that understands these files and can pull out the vCal and
vCard data that might be inside of them.

To make all of this work, we need a better concept of MIME parts in the
TWIG code. Right now, it's kind of a mess, with MIME processing happening
in scattered parts of code. It's fairly low on my priority list right now,
but basically if someone wants to go through Mail and work out a better
MIME structure for TWIG 3, it would be most appreciated!

 brian - 01-05-05 14:47
The code to accomplish this is partially complete.

 aaron - 02-11-05 05:12
Just adding a note to see if the devel list will get the update. Sorry, no
progress on this bug (well, not from me at least)!

Issue History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change
07-07-04 10:32 weazil         New Issue
07-07-04 17:14 aaron          Note Added: 0000141
01-05-05 14:47 brian          Note Added: 0000172
01-05-05 14:47 brian          Status                   new => acknowledged
02-11-05 05:12 aaron          Note Added: 0000176
06-27-05 13:24 aaron          Relationship added       related to 0000105
06-28-05 11:03 brian          Relationship added       related to 0000092