List:       twig-devel
Subject:    RE: [Twig-devel] Admin manual format
From:       "Aaron Stone" <aaron () serendipity ! palo-alto ! ca ! us>
Date:       2005-03-17 19:03:25

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005, ""Jaime Kikpole"" <jkikpole@cairodurham.org> said:

> Aaron Stone said:
>> And, not
>> unline what we're doing with TWIG, the DocBook tags define only the
>> semantics of the information; layout is handled by the DocBook style
>> sheets.
>
>      Sounds good.  Any place I can get a decent intro-level tutorial or
> guidebook on the subject?  It might be useful for me.

Google is your friend. There's a lot of material out there, some of it
very half-written and some of it rather insightful. The stuff at
docbook.org is really, really complete but not well suited to jumping
right in.

If you find any really good tutorials, let me know, too!

Just keep in mind that I want to do XML and not SGML; most of the DocBook
3.x tutorials assume SGML, most new stuff in DocBook 4.x is XML.

So far, I'm just doing this:

<book>
 <title>TWIG Administration Manual</title>
 <abstract>We're here to administrate you.</abstract>
 <chapter>
  <title>Introduction</title>
  <section>
   <title>Basics</title>