List:       twig-devel
Subject:    [Twig-devel] No main menu from old default menu types
From:       "Aaron Stone" <aaron () serendipity ! palo-alto ! ca ! us>
Date:       2005-03-11 6:32:53

When some of the menu types were pulled from CVS prior to 2.8.2, no safety
net was put in place to use a default menu type if the "preferred" one was
no longer implemented. So we should post a patch to the website ASAP and
consider either a shotgun 2.8.3 branched from 2.8.2, or working really
fast on the fixes that are in CVS now...

Oh crap -- looking in config/defaults.inc.php3:

        $config["defaults"]["global"]["mstyle1"]  = 10;
        $config["defaults"]["global"]["mstyle2"]  = 11;

Except that we removed those menu types. So we're shipping broken.

I just committed a two pronged fix:

  1. get those defaults sane again.
  2. put a check into TWIGGenerateMenu that only allows 0-9
     and if we're asked to do something outside of 0-9, to
     use the config["defaults"] unless that's also outside of
     0-9, in which case we use 0 (primary) or 3 (secondary).

Aaron