List:       twig-devel
Subject:    Re: [twig-devel] Display of time in wrong zone
From:       Bill Carlson <wcarlson () vh ! org>
Date:       2001-09-26 14:34:18

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Jaime Kikpole wrote:

> 	I'm sure this is a FAQ, but its not in our FAQ.  :)  So....
>
> 	I have noticed that messages are displaying as being sent at
> 5:00pm when they were really sent at 9:00pm from the EDT time zone.  I'm
> using qmail with the following /var/qmail/rc file:

qmail by default puts in the date/time in GMT, not the local timezone.
Can you show the headers from a message?

My install of twig doesn't inject a Date: header, qmail does it.

> 	BTW, consider this a feature request for the ability to set the
> local time zone in TWIG's config.inc.php3 file.  ;)

This would be nice and shouldn't be too hard to do. I've noticed that PHP
picks up the timezone when compiled, changing /etc/localtime does not
change the timezone PHP uses.

Later,

Bill Carlson
--