List:       twig
Subject:    Re: [twig] Twig unable to connect to PostgresSQL server
From:       "Craig Foster" <craig () wiw ! org>
Date:       2001-08-29 2:31:21

Are you able to connect to the server using the postgres client?  If you do
a 'ps -A', does postmaster show up?  Do you have postgres setup to listen on
localhost?  Check your access permissions, too.  Then you may also want to do
a:

/etc/init.d/postgres restart

(or is is '/etc/init.d/postgresql restart'?)

and see if any errors occur.  A reinstall of postgres might not be a bad idea
if your filesystem has gotten corrupted in the power outages.

If all else fails, you can always:

apt-get install postgresql-doc

and RTFM.

--