List:       twig
Subject:    Re: [Twig] resubmitting problem/bug report
From:       "Brian Ginter" <brian.ginter () southern-air ! com>
Date:       2004-06-14 15:13:20

I found the following info on the web. It doesn't mention TWIG but since TWIG uses php just as IMP
does it should als apply to TWIG.

Addresses in the headers such as the above are produced by PHP, not IMP (via the IMAP c-client
library), and are most often the result of a user using semicolons instead of commas to separate
addresses, such as is done in MS Outlook Express. Discussions on the mailing list tend to conclude
that the solution to this is "well, don't do that, then", since both commas and semicolons have
their own meanings in the Internet message format standard, RFC 822.

Paul Theodoropoulos <paul@anastrophe.com> said:

> quite a while back i reported this but got no response. i have  a pretty
> vanilla twig installation, 2.7.7, on solaris, apache 1.3x, php 4.3.6, with
> a vpopmail/qmail backend. the program runs fine, albeit there are a lot of
> PHP errors that go by in the http error log for it.
>
> however, one problem that does not generate errors is in the reply
> function. if you attempt to reply to a message, the "To" field of the form
> is blank. If you try to do a reply-all, the "To" field is filled with the
> following:
>
> <INVALID_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR.>
>
> i've not been able to figure out what's causing this - principally because
> there are no logged errors associated with it.
>
> the only non-vanilla part of the installation that i can think of is that
> in the defaults.inc.php3 file, i have
>
> //$config["defaults"]["mail"]["fromaddress"]      = $login["username"] .
> "@" . $config["fromdomain"];
> $config["defaults"]["mail"]["fromaddress"]      = $login["username"];
>
> since we use full email address as the login here. but i don't think that
> would affect what i'm reporting.
>
> help?
>
> Paul Theodoropoulos
> http://www.anastrophe.com