List:       twig
Subject:    Re: [twig] Contacts -- Groups
From:       "Craig Foster" <craig () wiw ! org>
Date:       2002-04-26 12:27:59

Gerasimos Melissaratos <gmelis@eexi.gr> said:

> Craig Foster <craig@wiw.org> said:
>
> > The group on the My Contact edit page has nothing to do with what groups
the
> > user will be part of.  It is simply what group that contact will be filed
> > under (just like the group field in every other contact).  It therefore
> > defines what users will be able to see (and edit) that user's My Contact
> > information.
>
> Ok, but this still leaves untouched the originl question: how do I create a
> list of users that will be available under the "Edit Invitees" tab?

I can't be much help here.  (Aaron?)  I don't use Meetings, but as I recall
the invitation system requires a pretty specific kind of setup to make it
work well.

> > Well, that is an option, but having a plain input gives the flexibility
> > add users who may not have logged into TWIG yet.  Also in very large
> > installs, the user list could be very long.  And then there is the
question
> > of whether you really want your users to have a list of every user on the
> > system.
>
> So, maybe there should be a filter mechanism to add users. Maybe a group
> filter would do something. I can't give a definitive opinion, but 8 out of
10
> users at my site asked me for a way to handle better their groups. Now that

I'm certainly interested to hear any ideas.  What would usenames be filtered
by?  Ask those 8 out of 10 users that you surveyed to see what they don't
like about groups and what improvements they would like.

> remember, is there a way to list group members when sending mail and not see
> the full list of contacts?

Click on "Add list" in the contacts feature and you will be able to create a
contact list that includes all members of a group.