List:       twig
Subject:    Re: [twig] different login ID and Mail ID with twig
From:       Aaron Stone <aaron () engr ! Paly ! NET>
Date:       2002-02-19 10:12:01

In config/default.inc.php3, the default from address is set like this:

$config["defaults"]["mail"]["fromaddress"] = $login["username"] . "
@" . $config["fromdomain"];

By changing this line, you can set up the fromaddress in any way.

You may also want to set the $config["defaults"]["mail"]["realname"] to be the
user's real name. [You know better than I do, but...] I'm sure that your mail
server has a mechanism for accessing all of the information about your users
(it sounds like it's LDAP, is it?).

I have a system that uses LDAP extensively for setting this stuff up... it's
all just an ugly hack that calls PHP's ldap functions to log in, look up the
user, and set those variables accordingly.

Aaron