List:       tux-list
Subject:    Re: TuxConfusion
From:       Marcus Gruendler <runner () tamalin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-21 10:39:09

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 09:43, you wrote:
> Hi Aviv,
>
> > I'm a bit confused about tux -
> > from my understanding, tux is not a regular kernel module but
> > a different kernel ?? Is that right or am i missing the point ?? Why
> > is that so?
>
> Tux is a webserver for static content which runs in kernel space because
> static content is merely a (relative) simple copy thing which can be
> done faster and more efficient in kernel space (anyone correct me if I'm
> wrong please).

[...]

Well, I have to correct you a little ;-) Tux is not only a webserver for
static content but also for dynamic content. I am currently working on a
project that uses the ability of Tux to execute so called Tux-modules.

Tux-modules are shared libraries that can be registered with Tux. These
modules are executed in the user space and can communicate with the in-kernel
Tux part via the new systemcall tux().

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler