List:       tuscany-user
Subject:    Re: FW: Q: Best practice for making service references available
From:       Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglenook () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-07 15:50:13

Folks,

I completely missed this discussion when it was raised originally. Very late to the party now :-(

One point I can make is that it is possible for the reference(s) to be propogated using the Context
and retrieved anywhere using the ComponentContext API.

Agreed, this is not as neat as using injection, but it is probably neater than creating a whole load
of extra APIs of the type discussed in this email thread.

It also does require that everything is running on one thread - but if you're going to spin off
extra threads for the reference calls, then you need to build your app carefully to pass over
whatever context is required on the new thread.

Yours,  Mike.