List:       tuscany-user
Subject:    Re: tutorial
From:       ant elder <ant.elder () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-26 12:32:54

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Hemavathy S <hemavathy.s@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Thereare multiple examples on using embedded http in the test folder
> > > for the binding-http-runtime
> >
> > Can you please point one. I use ant to build and in 2.0-M5 samples I
> >
> > checked some webapps and could not find build.xml which builds the war with
> > lib folder.
> >
> > I only downloaded the binaries.
> >
> > I copied all the files from lib folder to WEB-INF\lib. Then also
> >
> > tomcat keeps giving "org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start SEVERE:
> > Error filter Start.
> >
> > So it doesnot recognize the tuscany filter.
> >
> > What do I do?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > -Hema
> >

> Lets create a sample that does exactly what you need so we can show
> exactly what you need to do. I've started this at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/contrib/samples/hema/
>
> thats so far just a copy of the helloworld-jsp sample, i'll now go
> update it to have an Ant build script and to add binding-ws,
> binding-rmi, and binding-rest and try to get that working with the Ant
> build. I'll post back here as progress is made.
>
> The current Tuscany modules don't make it particularly easy to use
> non-Maven build systems so this could be a useful exercise to see just
> how hard it is or what we could do to help.
>
> ...ant

Ok there is now an Ant build script committed in that svn location
which works for binding.ws, binidng.rmi and the jsp.

It uses the single jar, tuscany-base-nodep, which includes everything
needed to run a simple tuscany application, its not in the m5 release
but you can find the jar at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/tuscany/sca/shades/tuscany-base-nodep/2.0-SNAPSHOT/tuscany-base-nodep-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I'll also look at whats needed to do that using the individual tuscany
module jars instead of teh one base-nodep one.

The sample doesn't yet include the rest binding, looking at that now...

   ...ant