List:       tuscany-user
Subject:    Re: Cannot bind to web service [SOLVED]
From:       keinmensch <keinmensch () mailhaven ! com>
Date:       2009-11-27 14:48:01

Hi and many thanks for the swift replies!

Simon Laws wrote:
> Can you try a couple of things for me.
> 1/ Try putting the binding.ws on component service, for example,

I managed to get things working to some extent when using a <service>
element external to the <component>, promoting the <service> declared in
the component (with only an interface) and a <binding.ws> in the
(external) <service> element. However, both attributes uri and requires,
as shown in the example below, were ignored in this case:
<binding.ws requires="SOAP.1_2" uri="http://localhost:8085/CalcService"/>
When I put the <binding.ws> element in the <service> element inside the
<component> element, then both the above attributes are honored.
> 2/ Check that the following modules are on available to the runtime

I originally tried to use Maven, copying the dependencies from the
calculator-ws sample program, but I had to revert to including the
tuscany-sca-manifest.jar on the classpath, since I could not figure out
which dependencies were missing in my project.
> How are you running the application as a matter of interest?

Currently, I am running inside of Eclipse only, using the following to
start the SCA node:
Node theNode = NodeFactory.newInstance().createNode();
theNode.start();

I am sure there will be more questions from me in due time, since I am
set on exploring Tuscany 2.0.
Best wishes!
 Ivan