List:       turbine-user
Subject:    turbine mappings in web.xml
From:       Anthony Smith <anthony.smith () fedex ! com>
Date:       2004-02-24 21:58:48

I am using turbine and jetspeed, but my question has no relation to
jetspeed. I was trying to manipulate my web.xml in such a way that when I
click on a link that is a certain jsp page, instead of forwarding it to that
link it would forward it to my Turbine servlet with a certain screen. So if
I had a link called myJsp.jsp it would forward it to
mywebapp/portal/screen/MyScreen where the portal name gets mapped to my
Turbine servlet via the web.xml

Is this possible or is there a better way?

I tried this:

        <servlet>
      <servlet-name>myJSP</servlet-name>
      <jsp-file>/portal/screen/MyScreen</jsp-file>
     </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>
   myJSP
  </servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>
   /myJSP.jsp
  </url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>

Here are some other snippets from my web.xml
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
           jetspeed
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.turbine.Turbine
        </servlet-class>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>
          jetspeed
       </servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>
         /portal/*
       </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
Anthony Smith
GSP Technologies
901-263-8953

"Having education and talent doesn't make you better than the world... it
makes you responsible for it!"