List:       turbine-user
Subject:    Re: Effect of subdirectories on PageLoader
From:       Gerry Duprey <gduprey () Schools-OPEN ! com>
Date:       2004-02-12 19:24:54

Howdy,

Jeff Painter wrote:
 > Strangely I don't think it does apply in the context of the
 > TurbineResources.properties file

Subdirectory handling is definitely a bit inconsistent.  I worked on this
today and was able to boil Turbines handling of subdirectories down to this:

* Actions
     Actions always use "dot" or class path notation.  That is, if your
     package for an action is test.modules.actions.admin.login, then
     you would supply "admin.login" as the action name.  This is confirmed
     true in the Turbine.properties file AND in templates/URLs

* Template Screens/Layouts/Navigations
     When processing URLs to templates you need to use a comma
     between each element of the path to the file.  So, for example,
     a template in templates/screens/admin/login.vm would be passed as
     "admin,login.vm" when using a URL to access that screen.

     However, when using a subdirectory reference from inside the
     Turbine.properties file, you need to use a slash (/) to delimit
     them.  For example, to specify the above template as the login
     template, the lines in the properties file would be:

       screen.homepage=admin/Login
       template.login=admin/Login.vm
       screen.login=admin/Login

     this suggests to me that programatically building a template name
     should use slashes as well (i.e. you create a screen to redirect
     a request to - if it's in a subdirectory, you'll want it be built
     from slashes).

Granted, once sorted out, it all works pretty well :-)

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
SchoolsOPEN, LLC