List:       turbine-user
Subject:    RES: Problem getting things to work...
From:       "Gustavo Pinheiro" <gustavo () estatcamp ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-01-22 19:25:34

Hi Eric and everyone,

As I said before, I have had some trouble with my ISP. They use a customized
security manager in Tomcat and it does not allow code to read or write
system properties (System.getProperties or setProperty). The solution my ISP
came with was to "seek and destroy" such kind of code. I could only find
such in the main turbine servlet, as can be seen on my previous e-mail
below.
Well, after commenting it out and rebuilding Turbine 2.3 with maven, a new
error showed up. No more PermissionError, now I get a sound
java.lang.NullPointerException!!!!!

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:876)
	at
FilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilter
Chain.java:98)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain
.java:176)
	at
ain.java:172)
	.
	.
	.

Looking at line 876 one would see:

// Return the used RunData to the factory for recycling.
rundataService.putRunData(data);

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Why would data be null?

Thanks