List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Re: Info about Torque
From:       Thomas Fischer <fischer () seitenbau ! net>
Date:       2010-09-26 14:49:21

> I'm using DDLUtils, and, I guess, to work with Torque is the next step,

Not necessarily. DdlUtils can be used on its own. But of course we are
happy about people using Torque :-)

> so, how can I help?

I 'd guess the first step would be to get aquainted with the way Torque
works. If you want to use it soon, better look at Torque 3.3 at
http://db.apache.org/torque. Torque 3.3. is stable and production-ready.
If you're up to something more experimental, you can try and use Torque 4
(not yet released, you'd need to build on your own, see the developerr-info
part of the docs). See the Torque 4 home page,
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-4.0/index.html. There's a
tutorial avaliable, the ORM part is probably more interesting to you. It
might still be a bit buggy, if you dicover any bug or find something is not
explained enough, please ask at the mailing list.

     Thomas