List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Re: ORA-01002 when Oracle is i in serialised mode
From:       raphael.x.mankin () gsk ! com
Date:       2005-05-31 8:57:11

My run-time configuration is included, below. There are two DBs, bet and
pmf.

torque.database.default=bet
torque.database.bet.adapter=oracletorque.database.pmf.adapter=oracle
## Using commons-dbcp
torque.dsfactory.bet.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
#torque.dsfactory.bet.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.PerUserPoolDataSourceFactory
 torque.dsfactory.bet.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.bet.pool.testOnBorrow=false
torque.dsfactory.bet.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.bet.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.bet.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:
@ukwit28.ggr.co.uk:1521:pmf
#torque.dsfactory.bet.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:
@pmfdb.ggr.co.uk:1521:pmf
#torque.dsfactory.bet.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:
@ukt01368.ggr.co.uk:1521:dev
torque.dsfactory.bet.connection.user =
bettorque.dsfactory.bet.connection.password = XXXXXXXXX

torque.dsfactory.pmf.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
#torque.dsfactory.pmf.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.PerUserPoolDataSourceFactory
 torque.dsfactory.pmf.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.pmf.pool.testOnBorrow=false
torque.dsfactory.pmf.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.pmf.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
#torque.dsfactory.pmf.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:
@ukt01368.ggr.co.uk:1521:TOOLS
torque.dsfactory.pmf.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:
@pmfdb.ggr.co.uk:1521:PMF
torque.dsfactory.pmf.connection.user =
emodeltorque.dsfactory.pmf.connection.password = ZZZZZ

> ---------+---------------------------->
> > "Thomas Fischer" |
> > <fischer@seitenba|
> > u.net>           |
> > >

> > 17-May-2005 07:25|
> > Please respond to|
> > "Apache Torque   |
> > Users List"      |
> > <torque-user@db.a|
> > pache.org>       |
> > >
> ---------+---------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                   \
|  |                                                                                  \
|  |                                                                                  \
|  |       To:      "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>            \
|  |                                                                                  \
|  |       cc:                                                                        \
|  |       Subject: Re: ORA-01002 when Oracle is i in serialised mode                 \
|  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Raphael,

which pool are you using ? I have tried to reproduce your issue using the
dbcp pool and am not able to get a serializable connection which is not in
auto-commit mode. If I set the transaction isolation to serializable and
leave auto-commit true, then I am not able to reproduce your issue (but I
do not see any point in this configuration)
I have used the following lines to configure this

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.defaultTransactionIsolation = 8
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.defaultAutoCommit = false

Not being able to get a serializable connection which is not auto-commit
seems a dbcp issue to me, but I have to dive deeper into that to be sure.

   Thomas

"Raphael Mankin,,," <raph@webwright-uk.com> schrieb am 13.05.2005 17:31:54:

> On 13-May-2005 Florin Vancea wrote:
> > I've seen that, but not with Torque.
> > In my case, it was the following sequence of operations:
> >
> > one connection opened with DB
> > some statement performed outside transaction (using implicit commit
mode)
> > transaction started
> > some select
> > Bang --> ORA-01002
> >
> > My workaround was to close the connection and open it again at thesame
time
> > the transaction was started.
>
> Your solution will, of course, not work with torque, because of the
connection
> pooling.
>
> In my case, I have not got as far as starting any explicit transactions,
other
> than those Torque does for one. In my example, the pari of statements I
wrote
> will be a transaction all by themselves.
>

> I was really wondering whether this was a Torque problem, in which case
we
> can find a fix, or do I have to shout at Oracle, which is much more
difficult.

Torque