List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Re: Maven Torque Plugin Status
From:       "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps () intermeta ! de>
Date:       2004-10-20 7:43:57

"Smith James E A1C 805 CSPTS/SCE" <James.Smith04@scott.af.mil> writes:

> Here is some more detail

> org.apache.torque.engine.EngineException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> D:\projectName\database.dtd (The system cannot find the file specified)

> When I go out there, get a database.dtd file, and put it into
> D:\projectName it gets by the above error and starts throwing

http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

--- cut ---

18. What is the correct DTD to use with the Schema files and how can I
avoid loading the DTD file from the internet every time ?

Answer For the 3.1 release of Torque, these are the right DTD Definitions:

Torque 3.1 and Torque 3.1.1:          \
http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd  Torque 3.2:                         \
http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_2.dtd

If you use this DTD, then the Torque Generator will use the
database.dtd file embedded in the torque generator jar.

You should use the following DTD declaration in your Schema files:

Torque 3.1 and Torque 3.1.1: <!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM \
"http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd"> Torque 3.2:                  \
<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_2.dtd">

We don't have much documentation but the essentials are actually
covered...

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"