List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Postgresql transaction errors
From:       Michael Della Bitta <mdellabitta1 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-09-23 12:20:07

Hello,

My torque log has this kind of stuff in it a few times (probably
corresponding to Tomcat restarting):

--------------
WARN - IDBroker is being used with db 'XXX', which does not support
transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the
possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions,
duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other
means are used to write to the database.
DEBUG - IDBroker thread was started
--------------

Unfortunately, it means that when I hit my servlets, I get exceptions
like these:

-------------
java.lang.NullPointerException: Connection object was null. This could
be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs
and Torque.properties to better determine the cause.
         at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.rollback(Transaction.java:179)
         at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1372)

This is strange, because I'm using Postgresql (v7.3), which should be
totally capable of doing transactions. Building my database went fine;
it's just this runtime stuff that's blowing up. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Michael