List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Re: Torque Issues ????? need comments
From:       Dave Newton <dave () solaraccess ! com>
Date:       2003-08-28 15:32:50

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 11:05, Brijesh Sood wrote:
> how good is the accuracy to not generate two same random number ????

Hopefully right around 1 in biggest_rnd_num...   :D

> Can anyone would list of Pros-Cons using Torque & whats the future of
> torque developement , it is right make  use of this framework in
> commerical application ??

My ex-company's new website will be using Torque. By using it and some
small Torque-aware utilities they were able to reduce development time
because all the DB stuff was abstracted away.

Also, DB creation is taken care of in a (mostly) platform-neutral way,
and DB design can take place in a (non-developer)-friendly environment
if necessary.

> i know about torque only , its the O-R framework can be used  , anyother
> framework that can help meee ..

Hibernate approaches the problem from a different angle which may or may
not suit your needs. Torque seems fairly "table-oriented," and uses
plain old SQL to do its work, which means all sorts of existing SQL
tools can be used trivially, and that was great for us.

Hibernate seemed (for us at that time, anyway) more object-oriented that
I plan to use in my next application as its persistence layer.

Just our opinion, though, and my memory of the discussion fades rapidly.

Dave