List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    Re: Map objects to different databases
From:       Frederic Gedin <frederic.gedin () Jaluna ! COM>
Date:       2003-04-25 7:59:02

Malte Stien wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thank you for that. I will try this. In which file do I have to set the
>following lines? Is that for the runtime in Torque.properties or for the code
>generation in build.properties?

As this is something needed only for build, you should have these lines
in your "build.properties" file.
One more comment: when building your databases, beware that each of them
do have its own ID_TABLE table.

>>torque.schema.sql.excludes  = <the database you will build manually>
>>torque.schema.create-db.excludes = id-table-schema.xml, <the database
>>you will build manually>
>>torque.schema.init-sql.excludes = <the database you will build manually>
>>

>Some questions remain:
>1. How do I deal with the two different databases during runtime?
>2. How do I initilize Torque to make it use both databases?
>3. And how do I specify which classes map to which database if I generate one
>database manually?

Regarding the runtime usage of your two databases, your
torque.properties file seems to be OK.

>Thank you very much for further advice.

You're welcome

Please let me know if you succeeded building your two databases
automatically.

Frederic