List:       turbine-torque-user
Subject:    BasePeer.MapBuilder failed trying to instantiate
From:       "Nader S. Henein" <nsh () bayt ! net>
Date:       2003-02-27 11:46:04

Dear All,

I realize that this issue has cropped up a few times on the turbine-torque
archive and I do realize some people have written comments about this, but I
have no idea why I'm getting this error.

ERROR - BasePeer.MapBuilder failed trying to instantiate:
com.bayt.torque.map.BytLearningProvidersMapBuilder
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.bayt.torque.map.BytLearningProvidersMapBuilder

This is what I've done:
- I've tested my application as a standalone app, so I know that it works
and that my Torque.properties file is ok.
- I've also setup the initServlet to initialize my application and I'm
fairly confident that it's initializing Torque correctly.
- I also have every jar under the sun that torque could be using in resin's
path (no duplicates)
- The map files are there at the correct location, (the standalone app
works)
- It's definitely something with the setup of torque on a webserver, I've
tried Orion 1.5.4 and I've moved to Resin 2.1.7 and still the same issue

I do not consider myself an idiot but I believe that it's a case of not
seeing the trees, because I'm too close to the forest.

HELP

Nader S. Henein
Senior Web Dev