List:       turbine-torque-dev
Subject:    RE: <foreign-key> to another db
From:       "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Monroe () DukeCE ! com>
Date:       2005-08-31 16:28:58

> -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Fischer
> Greg, are you sure that you are not caught by the (confusing)
> overloading of the word "schema" in torque ? It can either
> mean the schema.xml files or the database schema.

In the words of Rosanne Rosanna Danna... "Never mind"...lol

FWIW, this sound useful but I think there are configuration conditions
that
might break it.  The XML database attribute ties to the database
settings
in the Torque config file.  So, is this means that you could have a
valid set
of Torque XML files but an invalid set of Config files. For example, db1
in the
configuration files could use the Oracle driver/database while db2 could
be configured
to use a different Oracle (or MySQL or ...) db. The code won't (and IMHO
shouldn't)
support this.

But in reality, this probably isn't a common condition, so just
documenting that
it's not supported would be fine.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential \
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely \
for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended \
recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we \
ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to \
the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  \
Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is \
strictly prohibited.