List:       turbine-torque-dev
Subject:    Re: Issue tracking - Implementation but...
From:       Scott Eade <seade () backstagetech ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-09-30 0:15:45

> From: John McNally <jmcnally@collab.net>
>
> I updated the version of scarab running on nagoya and merged the
> databases previously running at nagoya and werken.com.  The new url is:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues
>
> There are other urls that one could use, but they lead to css and email
> problems as we don't have same proxy configuration freedom that we had
> at werken.com.  For example I recommend against using
> issues.apache.org/scarab/issues.  Maybe we can work this out, but it is
> definitely a low priority for me, the above url should be good enough.
>
> Known issues with the merge of data:
>
> 1.  Users that had the same username on both machines.  As I don't think
> there were many users that were actually using both, instead of going
> the more complex route of combining the accounts, I renamed the username
> on the old nagoya instance from myusername to myusername1.  So some
> people have two logins, but the one used on werken.com will probably be
> the one you want to use.
>
> 2.  Text search on issues entered on the werken.com installation will
> not work.  I will work to rectify this, but I don't think lack of text
> search is that bad, since there are ~20 open issues.
>
> 3.  There are some modules which can probably be deleted.  The module
> selection screen could definitely use some improvement.  Though
> hopefully since most users will only have roles on one or two modules
> this will not be that big a deal.
I'll delete the unused modules.

> The main user of the old nagoya installation, OJB, should have all data
> intact.  If one person, who is on the ojb lists, could let them know
> that the installation has been upgraded, I would be grateful.
Will do.  I'll also let them know the new url for them to use should they
run into problems with what they currently have configured (not included
here to save confusion).

> john mcnally
Thanks John.  One install on nagoya should make most people happy.

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.