List:       turbine-torque-dev
Subject:    [SOURCE] Issue #TRQ41 modified
From:       "J. Russell Smyth" <drfish () cox ! net>
Date:       2002-09-28 18:52:29

Issue 'TRQ41' has just been modified by user 'drfish'

You can view the issue detail at the following URL:
     <http://scarab.werken.com/issues/id/TRQ41>

The following modifications were made to this issue:

setting primitives to "0" for null is probably just as effective as leaving it - \
neither is truely correct. For example, in our application "0" in many of our pk's is \
perfectly legal - "0" is often used as the "default" item.

But it is no more wrong than leaving it alone.

I am more concerned with this code as a whole - what if only part of that FK is only \
used for the relationship - ie

Group{
  groupid (pk)
}
Item{
  groupId (pk)
  itemId    (pk)
  defaultSubItemId
}
SubItem{
  groupId    (pk)
  subItemId  (pk)
}
fk item(groupId, defaultSubItemId) referrs to SubItem(groupId, subitemId)

doing Item.setDefaultSubItem(null)

will result in nulling/zeroing the items groupId field - changing its key!