List:       turbine-dev
Subject:    Re: Fulcrum components bsf and groovy obsoleted by script?
From:       Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl () it20one ! at>
Date:       2009-05-05 17:26:02

Hi Scott,

thanks for the gentle reminder ...

+) I have an updated version based on the final JSR-223 release (but not
committed) that works for Groovy and Rhino
+) this implementation is already using the libraries from
https://scripting.dev.java.net/
+) the main problem I had is supporting JDK 1.5 which I solved at
ApacheCon - the non-released bsf-api-3.0 is an ASF implementation for
JSR-223
+) so fulcrum-script is a JDK1.5+ component

So the only thing which stopped me from committing is that the various
ScriptEngine (Groovy, Rhino) implementation are not on any M2 repo - I
currently keep them in a lib directory and tell M2 to pick them up from
there. BTW,  I'm pretty sure that https://scripting.dev.java.net/ was
not BSD licenced a while ago.

Anyway - how to handle the ScriptEngine libraries

+) M2 repo upload request but there are no official releases for the
them ... :-(
+) put them in our SVN repo in a "lib" directory with PMC blessing

And the unreleased BSF libraries ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: I have already two kids sitting on my lap - need a break

PS: Many thanks to Felix Meschberger regarding BSF