List:       turbine-dev
Subject:    Re: Turbine 2.x based apps and WAR/EAR issues.
From:       Scott Eade <seade () backstagetech ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-12-08 22:32:37

Filippos Slavik wrote:

>I think it would be better to patch against TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH or TURBINE_2_3
>version, since the T2.4 version is fair away from becoming the current stable
>release and this issue should be fixed ASAP, therefore I believe the
>TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH is a more appropriate place to patch and code. If the
>patch, which I'm willing to produce, will be ok then perhaps a T2.3.1 version
>could be produced soon enough. What do you think ?

It depends on the type of functionality and how urgently it is required.
Usually new functionality or major refactoring of old functionality will
be done at cvs HEAD.  If the patch is to fix a bug or to provide a minor
functional improvement that will benefit users of the existing stable
then patches should be submitted for both the branch (in this case
TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH and HEAD).

>Ohh... Where do I send patches ?

You can submit code to this list or attach it to a Torque Source issue
in Scarab.  See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html#Patches for
info on the patch format.

Cheers,

Scott