List:       turba
Subject:    Re: [turba] ldap settings in config/sources.php
From:       Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck () horde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-05 10:25:48

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:

> I'm curious..  what all should go in to the ['params']['dn'] array? it's just
> set to 'cn' right now.  I was wondering if that array should include all of
> the elements that make up the dn for a particular server (or maybe, all of
> the elements minus the directory root)?  for example, the dn's on our server
> look like:
>
>     uid=liamr, ou=People, dc=umich, dc=edu
>
> should ['params']['dn'] be set to 'uid' for our installation?

Everything minus the root. If the 'dn' parameter is set to 'cn', and the 'root'
is 'dc=umich, dc=edu', then if you add someone with a cn of 'Liam', the record
added will have a dn of 'cn=Liam, dc=umich, dc=edu'.

> also, are the arguements you can provide to ['params']['filter'] standard
> LDAP filters?

Yes.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the