List:       tuhs
Subject:    [TUHS] Some BSP Numbers Related to 3B/1A "Attached Processor Interface"
From:       segaloco via TUHS <tuhs () tuhs ! org>
Date:       2023-09-12 2:38:50

Hello, today I've received a 3B/1A "Attached Processor Interface" or "API" =
(as I will refer to it in this email, note API will not mean Application Pr=
ogramming Interface in my contributions to this discussion) pamphlet, publi=
shed by WECo in November 1981, concerning installation and maintenance of t=
he API.  From the introductory page:

> This lesson is a self-paced package that can be administered individually=
 or in a classroom environment.  There is a helpful glossary in the back of=
 this booklet that you may use while going through the material.

> At the conclusion of this lesson, the installer will be able to:
>
> - State the purpose of the API as it applies to the 3B Processor.
>
> - Identify the different types of circuit packs used in the API.
>
> - List the number of API diagnostic phases.
>
> - Name the API circuit pack that interfaces the Dual Serial Channel in th=
e 3B Processor.

Among the many pages (which I'll be doing a formal scan on in the future) a=
re some references to BSPs and schematic drawings relevant to this informat=
ion, I wanted to get that information out in the email archive now so the b=
ibliographic references are preserved somewhere:

3B Processor:
    254-001-031 - Test Equipment List
    254-301-000 - System Documentation
    254-301-005 - General Description
    254-301-115 - TTY System
    254-301-010 - Central Control
    254-301-020 - Power Systems
    254-301-100 - Input Output Interfaces
    254-301-105 - Input Output Processor
    254-301-110 - Input Output Processor Peripheral Controller
    254-301-200 - Main Store
    254-301-210 - Moving Head Disk Drive
    254-301-215 - Disk File Controller
    254-301-220 - Magnetic Tape System
    254-301-800 - Emergency Action Procedures
    254-301-809 - Acceptance Test Plan
    254-301-811 - Task Oriented Practice-Routine
    254-301-812 - Task Oriented Practice-Trouble Clearing
    254-341-000 - DMERT
    254-341-220 - MTCE Management and Diagnostics

API:
    234-100-020 - APS Description and Theory
    254-201-003 - API Frame Theory
    254-280-114 - APS Software Description
    254-281-030 - API Growth

Misc:
    234-153-055 - File Store Relocation

3B Schematics:
    SD-4C050-01 - 3B Control Frame, DMA Unit, CC Unit, MASM 0, MASM 1, Powe=
r Unit, Cooling Unit, Filter Unit
    SD-4C059-02 - 3B Peripheral Control Frame
    SD-4C052-01 - IOP Basic
    SD-4C049-01 - IOP Growth
    SD-4C051-01 - DFC Unit
    SD-4C056-01 - Disk Inverter Frame
    SD-4C058-01 - Tape Transport Frame
    SD-4C057-01 - Inverter Unit
    SD-4C070-02 - Inverter Control Unit
    SD-4C054-01 - Duct & Cabling
    SD-4C053-01 - Power Distributing, AC Requirements
    SD-4C069-01 - Micro Level Test Set
    SD-4C065-01 - Port Switch

API Schematics:
    SD-5A056-01 - API Frame
    SD-5A055-01 - API Unit

There are then references to a few "Handbooks":

HB 309 - 3B Proc
HB 263(A) - API ITS (Mainly mentions tests and diagnostic stuff)
HB 264(A) - API Generic (Not sure what ITS and Generic distinguish here)

Finally, a bit of fun.  Towards the back of the pamphlet is a small crosswo=
rd puzzle concerning the API: https://i.imgur.com/0pLcK9p.jpg

Answers to come when I do a scan of this.  If anyone has any particular inf=
ormation they want me to try and find in it sooner rather than later just l=
et me know, it's 88 pages but small form.

- Matt G.