List:       tuhs
Subject:    Re: [TUHS] Spacewar at Bell Labs [ really paper tape readers and tangentially related things ]
From:       Dave Horsfall <dave () horsfall ! org>
Date:       2020-01-29 20:25:12

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Noel Chiappa wrote:

> Wow! WD created the QBUS? Fascinating. I wonder if DEC made any changes
> to the QBUS between the original demo WD boards and the first DEC ones?
> Are there any documents about the WD original still extant, do you know?

Which reminds me: I heard a story that DEC did not implement the Unibus as
specified, in order to lock out 3rd-party vendors; apparently the timing
was not quite right.  You couldn't complain to DEC because it was not
their gear, and you couldn't complain to the vendor because they followed
the spec...

-- Dave