List:       tuhs
Subject:    Re: [TUHS] Spider (and back to quiz)
From:       Paul Ruizendaal <pnr () planet ! nl>
Date:       2020-01-24 1:59:23

There is more in that issue of BSTJ, and indeed it seems this was a precursor.

https://ia801905.us.archive.org/25/items/bstj51-6-1147/bstj51-6-1147_text.pdf
https://ia801603.us.archive.org/0/items/bstj51-6-1167/bstj51-6-1167_text.pdf

The first paper makes mention of repeaters starting to self oscillate, and a redesign \
being underway.

There is a possibility that a Unix PDP11 was connected to this earlier network prior \
to Spider existing, in which case the accepted quiz answer would be wrong.