List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Summary: How to upgrade the cluster to gigabit ethernet?
From:       Raymond Pang <wmpang () se ! cuhk ! edu ! hk>
Date:       2000-12-29 3:40:50

Hi,

Thanks for those who response.

Ian Becker also alerted me of using the "ipmtu" option on the adapter
line in rc.config and set it to 9000 if the traffic swamped the
processors.

BTW, I only got one member upgraded as it crashed twice with messages
complaining about the KZPSA. Crash dump has been forwarded to Compaq for
investigation.

All you need to do is to rebuild the kernel with a line "pseudo-device
alt" in the configuration file. Boot up to single-user mode and run
netsetup, configure alt0 and delete tu0 and then reboot.

Please note that if you had set up DNS failover service, you have
to replace tu0 with alt0 in the start action script of that
service.

Regards,
Raymond