List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Dual port DEFPA-DA/DEFPA-DB FDDI Card
From:       John Losey <JOHLOS () HBSI ! COM>
Date:       1999-09-30 22:57:53

We've got a series of servers connected into a hub.  2 of those servers have
a DEFPA-DA (or DEFPA-DB, the manuals describe the DA & the DB the same) card
which has 2 ports for the FDDI cable.  Can those second ports be connected
together and configured as an independent network from the network used by
the first ports?

The DEFPA-DA and DEFPA-DB are both described in the manual as:
"The fiber-optic DAS controller consists of one card that plugs into a
single bus master PCI I/O bus slot.  Two duplex SC connectors, port B and
port A, interface with the FDDI fiber-optic cable.

The Controller contains onboard diagnostics that execute when power is
applied.  The two LEDs, B and A, on the controller's mounting bracket,
indicate the operating status of the card and its PHY ports."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John F. Losey Jr.