List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    class scheduler
From:       Jonathan Burelbach <jburelba () topaz ! cit ! nih ! gov>
Date:       1999-09-30 20:16:05

We are planning on using the class scheduler features of Digital Unix 4.0d
to limit the processing of several of our clients.  A couple of questions
have been brought up, namely:
  Does root need to be in a class?  If we allocate 100% of the box is
    root left out in the cold?  Should we instead divy it up so that
    everyone gets 50% of their promissed allocation and root gets the
    other 50%?
  What is the integration time?  How quickly will changes take effect?
    Are samples averaged over some interval? and if so is this tunable?

TIA
  Jon