List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    SUMMARY: Need to copy a directory structure to WinNT
From:       Andrew Johnson <AJohnson () mail ! nbme ! org>
Date:       1999-04-30 18:11:55

Tru Unix 64 Gurus,

	This group is a  Godsend!  Thanks to many who quickly suggested workarounds.  Most \
popular suggestion was to install Samba.  Also suggested was to zip/tar the dir \
structure,  create an ISO image on DU system using any recent version of mkisofs,  \
use wget ( i don't knwo this utility), and a procedure for solving the nfs problem.

	I'm going with the quick & dirty (tar-ftp-unzip) but mkisofs will be the long term \
solution.

Thanks to
Davis <Davis@Tessco.Com>
Gyula Szokoly <szgyula@tarkus.pha.jhu.edu>
Tom Webster <webster@ssdpdc.lgb.cal.boeing.com>
"Degerness, Mandell ITSD:EX" <Mandell.Degerness@gems2.gov.bc.ca>
"Venkata, Raviprasad" <RVenkata@caiso.com>
George Gallen <ggallen@slackinc.com>
"Serguei Patchkovskii" <patchkov@ucalgary.ca>
"Bill Carlson" <wcarlson@beasys.com>
"Phillips, Brenden" <B.C.Phillips@massey.ac.nz>
Peter Stern <peter@chemphys.weizmann.ac.il>
Joe Fletcher <joe@meng.ucl.ac.uk>
Steven Borrelli   sborrell@hep.hubbell.com
and many others

> > > Andrew Johnson <AJohnson@mail.nbme.org> 4/29/99 2:55:46 PM >>>
Tru Unix 64 Gurus,

	I need to copy a directory structure to a  WinNT station to write to  CDrom.  The \
preferred method is the nfs mount the Tru Unix 64 file system on the WinNT station \
but my nfs client is not up to the task.  It report locked and/or "cannot access \
file".

Any suggestion?

Andy Johnson
National Board Medical Examiners