List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    SUMMARY: Defaults for dxaccounts
From:       "Dr. Otto Titze, Kernphysik TUD, +49 6151 162916" <TITZE () ikp ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       1999-02-26 15:54:03

My original question was:

When I use dxaccounts how can I change the defaults for the fields in
add user like shell, home directory, group, Comments.

Thanks for the fast answers from:
Mark Ray <Caprica7@aol.com>
Alan Davis <Davis@Tessco.Com>

The hint from Alan was helpful:

> The defaults are stored in /.sysman/Account_defaults
>
>This file doesn't exist until created by dxaccounts.
>Without this file, the defaults are taken from the
>dxaccounts, useradd, usermod, and userdel binaries themselves.

I tried a "save option", got the file and edited it for my purpose.
(Of course the file /.sysman/Account_defaults is mentioned in the man
page and I was looking for it before but didn't find it!)

Thanks

Otto