List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    How to determine allignment
From:       Lars Bro <lbr () dksin ! dk>
Date:       1998-12-31 8:39:10

Hi, folks.

I have been asked how to correctly determine the allignment
boundary.

My own suggestion is that the type ´int´ in C is used as the
´most appropriate´ data size for the processor so if

address % sizeof(int) == 0

anything can be put into that address without problems.

Is this all wrong ? Is there a better way or what ?

--

   Lars Bro                                        lbr@dksin.dk

   ABB Daimler-Benz Transportation Signal A/S      +45 36 39 01 77