List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Year 2000 compliance
From:       "Spalding, Stephen" <SSpaldin () mem-ins ! com>
Date:       1998-09-30 19:27:03

Hello managers!

I'm trying to make sure that I have all of the year 2000 compliant versions
of shareware packages (such as lsof, top, kermit, perl, etc.), and I'm
having trouble in my search.

I've found that the April 1998 version of lsof included y2k info, and I'm
seeing into downloading it. I've read top's home page, and I can't find
anything that mentions y2k. I've tried repeatedly this morning to log onto
kermit's home page, but I can't seem to get connected. I don't know what the
URL for the University of Alaska's utilities (ua_uerf, ua_date, uaio, etc -
great package!)  is, and I've got to find that before I can figure out if
it's y2k or not. Finally, does anyone know if uudecode, uuencode, uudeview,
and uuenview are part of the DU package or are they shareware? If they're
shareware, then where is the home page for them?

Any help on the above mentioned is appreciated.

Thank you!

Stephen Spalding
Associate System Administrator
Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance