List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Video card options for AlphaStation 200?
From:       "Don G. Park" <dgp () reed ! edu>
Date:       1998-09-30 18:55:21

I would like to know:

1. How do I find out what make/model of video card is in my alphastation
200?

My machine reports:
tga0: depth 8, map size 4MB, 1024x768
Does this mean there is 4MB of video ram?
How can I change resolutions of my X server on this machine?

2. What other cards are available besides DEC's way-too-expensive
powerstorm cards? One web site sells a matrox millenium II for
alphastations. Can I just pull an Intel/PCI version of this off the shelf
of a local computer store and use it in my alphastation?

Thank You & please copy me directly on any replies.
Don
--
Don Park  (503)777-7546(w) 940-7797(p) don.park@reed.edu [dlab.reed.edu]