List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    Using getusershell() function in C++
From:       System Administrator <sysadmin () sba ! miami ! edu>
Date:       1996-12-29 5:52:53

Hi,
 	I am writing a program in DEC C++ that needs to scan the
user shells file (/etc/shells). There is a function available,
getusershell() that can do that. However this function is defined in
standard C library and C++ does not link it in. Is there any way to use C
objects in DEC C++? Is this function defined somewhere else so it can be
used with C++?.

The only thing I can do now is write my own getusershell()...

Thanks.

       Igor Natanzon      |/\| E-mail: sysadmin@homer.bus.miami.edu
    System Administrator  |/\|            igor@cs.cs.miami.edu
  			  |--|
    University of  Miami  |\/|           Office Phone: 284-1771
     School of Business   |\/|