List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    [Summ & Q] DECnet/OSI configuration on 2 interfaces
From:       Laurent Deniel <deniel () worldnet ! fr>
Date:       1996-09-30 18:19:04

My original question :

> Hi !
>
> How can I configure the DECnet/OSI facility on a machine which have
> two lan interfaces, i.e how can I set a NSAP per interface ? should
> I use decnetsetup or decnet_register ? (by default decnetsetup only
> configure the first available interface ...)
>
> Thanks.

Thanks to:
	gege@cal.enst.fr
        rembado_r@decus.fr

Special thanks to :
	Jeff Stelzner <jeffs@esca.com>

The solution was to use : decnetsetup advanced
which allows me to specify the interfaces and the NSAPs I wanted to use.

With decnetsetup, I have setup two interfaces :
dev1 : NSAP1, dev2 : NSAP2 (I did not used the address automatic
generation) but when I listed the node configuration with
decnet_register, only the first address was displayed !
is this normal ?
(I have added the second, and fixed the TP4 (...:21) and CNLS (...:20)
addresses since the unique address displayed was a NET (...:00) !

This should works fine.

--
Laurent DENIEL              | E-mail: deniel@worldnet.fr
Paris, FRANCE               | WWW   : http://www.worldnet.net/~deniel