List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    hpnpf: a filter for jetdirect cards
From:       Kirk BRATTKUS <brattkus () golem ! math ! smu ! edu>
Date:       1996-09-27 20:15:40

A few months ago Kris Chandrasekhar submitted a
message describing his problems with printing
multiple copies to a JetDirect card. The summary
contained a reply that mentions the binaries for
a filter called 'hpnpf' which removes this problem.

Does anyone have access to it? I contacted Kris
but he has since lost his copy. I am having a
related problem with my JetDirect card. It loses
print requests that arrive too close together.
The only thing more obnoxious than my JetDirect
card is HP's tech support suggesting that I go
talk to DEC. Argh.

-- Kirk Brattkus